Friday, June 27, 2014

Air Travel Strikes: What happens if my flights are cancelled?

#AirTravelStrikes: What happens if my #flights are #cancelled?
First we had strike threats at Aer Lingus. Now travellers are experiencing further headaches as a French air traffic controllers’ strike sparks delays across Europe. So what exactly are your rights if your flight is cancelled?
Air Travel Strikes What happens if my flights are cancelled
How do I know if my flights are affected?
Check your airline’s website (e.g. aerlingus.com). In the event of a strike or cancellation, it should quickly post the relevant flight disruption information, including a list of affected flights.
What are my rights if my flight is cancelled?
If your flight is cancelled for any reason, and regardless of when you are notified, your airline must offer you the choice between:
1) Re-routing as soon as possible, subject to availability, free of charge.
2) Re-routing at a later date.
3) A full refund.
How do I arrange a re-routing or refund?
In the event of a cancellation or delay, airlines are obliged to inform passengers of their options. If this happens at the airport, staff will usually be on hand to talk you through the various scenarios. Otherwise, the quickest option is to check your carrier’s website. It should include the steps to process your own refunds or bookings.
Am I entitled to care and assistance?........... Read More

No comments: